Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Custom field type User(user)

Custom field type User(user) 4 Monate 1 Woche ago #7597

• SKirk
  • SKirks Avatar
  • User-Bewertung: 0
Hi,

We are using several custom fields on Booking forms. They seem to work well - and they show up on the form when published. In production, we tend to use a text field or text area to collect information from the Booker.
We have tested the User Groups(usergrouplist) type to display the site groups and select one - it works well.
We have also tried to use the custom field type User(user). Not only does it not work for us, it doesn't show up on the Booking form at all, even if we set a default value (I have attached a sample from our test site). Are we missing something?

Best regards,
Steve Kirk
Arena Arts
Anhang:
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Custom field type User(user) 4 Monate 1 Woche ago #7598

• sigiK
  • Premium Mitglied
  • OSG Support
  • sigiKs Avatar
  • User-Bewertung: 98
Dear Steve,

the custom fields are the Joomla Custom Fields and the user field only works on administration forms and should not be added to front-end forms.
more see at the Joomla docs:
docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Adding_custom_fields/User_Field

Sigrid
Your feedback on the extensions.joomla.org/extension/osg-seminar-manager-pro/ supports our work and the further development of our products.

Custom field type User(user) 4 Monate 6 Tage ago #7599

• SKirk
  • SKirks Avatar
Hi Sigrid,
Here is the situation: the court bookings are for club members only and no doubles play is allowed (due to COVID-19). We have to insure that both players are club members. We know that the person who booked the court is a club member, because we only allow Registered users to book courts. We have used custom fields for Player 1 and Player 2 but they are just text fields, with no controls. This does not meet the City of Toronto tracking requirements - we need to ensure that BOTH players are club members. Is there a way that this can be done in the OSG system?
Many thanks,
Steve

Custom field type User(user) 4 Monate 5 Tage ago #7602

• sigiK
  • Premium Mitglied
  • OSG Support
  • sigiKs Avatar
  • User-Bewertung: 98
Hi Steve,
In my view, there is only the possibility that each seat is booked individually by the players. That means: you can only register yourself and my teammate also registers himself for the same court.
So you can be sure, that both players are registered users.

Another possibility was: Input a custom field type list and there you have to list all usernames. So the player can select his partner. But thi is only recommended if the total number of users is small. Otherwise it is too complex.

In every case you cannot be sure, that the player, who comes to the court, really is the person, who booked the court or the person who was selected from the list.

Sigrid
Your feedback on the extensions.joomla.org/extension/osg-seminar-manager-pro/ supports our work and the further development of our products.

Custom field type User(user) 4 Monate 1 Tag ago #7603

• SKirk
  • SKirks Avatar
Hi Sigrid,

Thank you so much for your ideas. I agree with you entirely that no software solution can ensure the identity of the players who show up to play. The club has to assign a court supervisor for that purpose.
I must add that we we like your Courts Reservation system very much (especially the handy report filters). It has allowed some of our beleaguered local community clubs to get back on their feet despite the stringent requirements imposed by the City in these difficult times.
And I'm also grateful to you for your quick and helpful responses to my queries - thank you very much!

All the best,
Steve
© 2017 Open Source Groupe GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.
Cookies erleichtern die Bereitstellung unserer Dienste. Mit der Nutzung unserer Dienste erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies verwenden.