Forum

Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: filter string in courses overview is changed to lower case upon search, filter is case sensitive. -> Inconsistent filter results.

filter string in courses overview is changed to lower case upon search, filter is case sensitive. -> Inconsistent filter results. 3 Jahre 10 Monate ago #3909

• user818
  • user818s Avatar
When filtering Courses view for the code
OWC
the resulting list is shown correctly, but the filter term is changed to lower case to
owc
, while filters are case sensitive.

Hence a repeated search shows no results.

see attached screenshot

suggestions:
1. definitely do not change the filter string the user has entered.
2. (optional): make filters case-insensitive
Anhang:
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

filter string in courses overview is changed to lower case upon search, filter is case sensitive. -> Inconsistent filter results. 3 Jahre 10 Monate ago #3917

• liu
  • OSG Developer
  • lius Avatar
  • User-Bewertung: 50
Hello Richard,

which version of the component is running by you? The both filters (title and code) in the current version are case-insensitive.
Your feedback on the extensions.joomla.org/extension/osg-seminar-manager-pro/ supports our work and the further development of our products.

filter string in courses overview is changed to lower case upon search, filter is case sensitive. -> Inconsistent filter results. 3 Jahre 10 Monate ago #3919

• user818
  • user818s Avatar
I'm running OSG Seminar Manager 2.12.5RC7

Interesting. I cannot reproduce the differing filter results now, it appears that the filters are in fact case insensitive...

I do find it interesting ( and potentially unnecessary?) that the filter string is being changed. - I'd be interested in the reasoning why this is done.

You can consider this issue closed, if you like. (do you have a bug tracker, by the way? That would make bug reporting more useful, I would guess..
© 2017 Open Source Groupe GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.
Cookies erleichtern die Bereitstellung unserer Dienste. Mit der Nutzung unserer Dienste erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies verwenden.